Hey Seekerites !
Wish you could have been a part the "Psst..Save Our Seeker...Pass It On" movement, and share with the world the various and important reasons Legend of the Seeker should be saved? Well, you still can be!! So warm up your printer, turn on your webcam, and let’s get those creative juices flowing!!!
To start with, you’re going to need to print THIS out! This page should not be changed or modified in any way. They all need to be identical to make the following illusion work.
The title of this video project is “Psst! Save Our Seeker…Pass It On!”. And the goal of the video is to visually represent the global spread of the Legend of the Seeker fan base and Save Our Seeker campaign. To do this we will virtually pass each other a Save Our Seeker logo that says, “Save Our Seeker Because…” And it is up to you, yes YOU, to finish that statement on the back of your sign. That can be with a phrase, short quote, fan art, original graphic…you name it. It can be words or pictures as long as it’s a reason LOTS should be saved. Also, when you submit your video, let us know your city/state/country of residence, so that to a viewer it looks like the SOS logo is being passed from state to state and country to country.
To make your video look like the above entires follow these steps:
1) Reach to your right, as if taking the SOS logo from the fan before you. The page should already be in your hand off screen.
2) Pull the page in front of your chest, SOS logo facing the camera.
3) Flip the page to show the other side with your response, and hold it there for about 3-5 seconds so the response can be read.
4) Flip the page back to show the logo.
5) Pass the page to the left as if passing it to the next fan in line.
(Note: I found it helpful to sandwich a blank piece of paper between my logo page and my response page. This prevents ink bleed through, and if you glue them all together it gives extra rigidity, which makes all this silly movement stuff easier!)
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
• Each video segment should be 15 seconds or shorter.
• Videos should be shot from the waist up.
• Responses should be kept short and relatively specific. Long responses are awkward for the viewer to try to read, so try to keep is simple. But, “Save Our Seeker Because …It’s awesome!” is vague, so tell the viewer why it’s awesome.
• Responses should be kept clean. No profanity or possibly offensive content. And please be wearing a shirt in your video.
• The background is yours to do with what you will. So be creative! Get multiple people in there; have them dress up, act things out, have the TV on with LOTS on…
• If you are a non-native English speaker, write your response in your native language! (But please also include an English translation in your submission e-mail.)
• Try to incorporate location specific items, like flags or posters. Or even better, go outside! We will get a lot of inside shots because many people will be using webcams, so if you have the ability to record outside, Do It! Especially, if you live near recognizable landmarks.
And now for the information you are just dying to know!
• Send your submissions to LOTSvideo@gmail.com
with Pass It On as the subject
• We can accept any video format.
If interest stay high, we'll keep making monthly updates. The deadline to be in the second Pass It On video is August 31st, 11pmEST
This may seem like a lot of information. But just take a deep breath and we’ll get through this together. We swear it’s going to be epic! But here is a checklist, just because I like checklists…I think they’re fun.
1. Print out Logo
2. Make Epic Response page
3. Construct Logo + Response
4. Plan Elaborate Background Scene that rivals actual LOTS production crew. Just kidding, but seriously…
5. Film Video using above instructions…Have a blast doing so.
6. Email it to Us! Be sure to…
a. Attach the Video
b. Fill in the Subject line: Pass It On
c. Write us a short message and let us know where you are from (City/State/Country stuff)!
d. And Send it to LOTSvideo@gmail.com
If you have any questions, send them to LOTSvideo@gmail.com, with Video Question as the subject line.
Now let the submissions begin!
Have a Seekerific Day!—The LOTSvideo Team