Terry Goodkind Website
You are a girl and she is a woman, your are a pretty candle and Kahlan is the sunrise. ~ Richard, Stone of Tears
Thanks for adding your support for the show. I started watching LOtS during the summer re-run season. I saw about three episodes and decided I must read the books. I have now read all the books and am eagerly anticipating the new book on Richard and Kahlan that is coming next year. I cannot tell you how happy I was over that. I think that the show is a good way for the books to gain interest. Even though, I noticed quickly that the show is very different from the books, the basic concepts are the same and I love both of them. Thanks, again.
In case anyone told you about it but the idea of a charity campaign is still in the air.
Such event would help the show as much as people in need !
Thank you for your time !
Join the Wizard's Keep campaign to promote the show : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...1645371&ref=ts
Join the twitter at : http://twitter.com/thewizardskeep
We've been reading through many of the threads about ideas for getting noticed. Also still looking for sound suggestions from all of you as to how we might be able to help as well. With that said, we have a few ideas that might add even more firepower to the campaign. Remember, these are just ideas and perhaps no better or worse than your own. Take them as you will. ...But we did get a few insiders to peek at them and provide input, including an agency that has/does work on the show and for the network elsewhere. They gave a solid thumbs up.
Also remember, your campaign is getting noticed. We found out via the Variety.com article, only to realize later our numerous inboxes had been well stocked with notices from many of you.
- Instead of purchasing perishables, print and individually mail the page ads currently being placed in magazines. Send them on oversized stock, folded cards, book formats, iPhoto prints, etc etc. As many wildly varied and unique ways as possible.
- Group buy character cutouts from the show and mail those too. Or snap photos of yourself and tag the photo "LEGEND OF THE SEEKER FAN" and mail that to show the networks the faces of the people they'd disappoint if they cancelled your show. Remember, as you guys feel you're sometimes in a bubble, the same is true on this side as well.
- Disregard any rumor that my license fee is a roadblock. Total nonsense. Not sure where that rumor got started but the fee, if you knew them, is shockingly low. Not complaining, only clarifying. No sense discussing the fine points and wouldn't be allowed by agreement anyhow, but suffice it to say, the creator and consultant fee has got nothing to do with the show getting scrutiny. We're still scratching our heads as to how those rumors got started.
- Keep spreading the word via your social network channels. A few people earlier advised using more telling Twitter trend words and that is spot on. While #HappyMotherConfessorDay was cute and fun, it did not offer viral or informative interest, both of which are valuable. On the viral side, consider something like, #DontCancelOurHeroes... a play on show names and tapping into an even millions wider audience. When not going viral, be specific. #SaveOurSeeker does it well.
- Continue pumping out beautiful graphics, posters and web adverts.
- Pay attention to the next round of donation funding for the SAVE OUR SEEKER campaign. We'll be donating a lot of time and energy to it ourselves, hopefully offering an additional incentive boost.
- Watch the show online via Hulu and keep racking up those numbers.
- Continue to interact with as many of the show principles as you can. Getting their support means tens if not hundreds of thousands of more fans.
Those are just a few for now. Keep up the good fight. You guys are very impressive.
On a final note, we are asking around but have not heard confirmation of anything other than the SAVE OUR SEEKER campaign has gotten notice. While we probably won't be able to share anything more detailed, if we hear it, that is the actual word for the moment.
Last edited by OfficialTG; 10-05-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Terry, you are our hero
I'm so satisfied to see someone this important for our show helping us. Thank you, thank you so much.
I think that your ideas are great.
And thanks for the update! At least it's something 'new' since we weren't aware if we were getting notice. Now we know. Thank you!
PS.: I think I never had this much strength and hope
Thank you so much for the updates, inputs and support.
Thanks a lot! Terry you are like your Seeker...
Wow thank you so much Terry Goodkind! That gave me hope! It's so amazing to have the creator of the books with us <3
Have we decided how/when to do this, and what it will support? We've heard a lot of ideas, should we take a vote? Did someone say something about tax issues?- Pay attention to the next round of donation funding for the SAVE OUR SEEKER campaign. We'll be donating a lot of time and energy to it ourselves, hopefully offering an additional incentive boost.
And on a final note - really weird to know you (TG) are reading our posts. Doo-Doo-Doo-Doo, Doo-Doo-Doo-Doo, (Twilight Zone melody with that...) But very gratifying, as we are all such fans. On another day, when all this is said and done, you can go read the threads with the Book vs. Show wars. Very amusing! I love them both...
"He's a very big wizard, I might have to do it my way..."
"Just bring him back alive!"
Thank you Mr. Goodkind for your support, it means a lot to me as the fan who started the Variety Advert campaign to know it's being noticed in the right industry circles. It makes all the hard work this past week totally worth it. I can't thank you enough for creating such amazing characters, that make me want to fight as hard as I can to see their television counterparts stay on air.
"We have a few ideas of where to go next, but we're waiting on certain replies before deciding. It shouldn't be long, but we want to make sure whatever we suggest is doable under the current circumstances.
Please stay tuned, we should make an announcement soon about the next major step in the campaign."
wow just got on for the first time today..LOTS of new things..
To Save Our Seeker we need something big. Perhaps The King of Fantasy Writing, Terry Goodkind (or some of his people), should contact The King of Cinematic Fantasy, Peter Jackson (or some of his people) and work some magic spells to create such an amazing solution that the networks will be fighting to buy it.
In reality though contacting Peter Jackson might offer a solution. He is a New Zealander (as is most of the cast) and he loves showcasing what his country's beauty (the show is filmed in New Zealand) has to offer. He is in the industry and had to climb mountains to get the Lord of the Rings Trilogy to cinemas, past a lot of the same kind of hurdles Legend of the Seeker would be facing.
I'm sure a solution would need to be found to running the next series relatively fast, as the actors involved in this project are no doubt looking into finding future projects. The take-up of a series 3 will only be successful if the current actors can be retained.
Take it from Disney if they don't want it, there is a home out there for it somewhere. Another network could make the content richer and closer to the books (it will need to be a bit meatier to compete with Song of Ice and Fire which I believe is coming out on HBO 2011), perhaps it could even be taken up outside the US.
It is my nightmare that this fantastic series turn into another Firefly (Joss Whedon), although at least I have the solace the Sword of Truth books are on my bookshelf at home and can fall back on re-reading them if I want my seeker fix.
Last edited by TraceyLea9; 11-05-2010 at 02:00 AM.